My Voice Music is hosting several rock band camps this summer. They are open to youth 12 – 17 years old. (Other ages may be admitted depending on individual circumstances). They are offered at a “Pay What You Can Afford” fee. Youth with and without music experience are invited to participate.
All camps will last two weeks and be held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10:30am – 12:30pm. Performances will be held on the final day of programs at 12:15pm.
- Dates: July 5 – 15 | July 19 – 29 | Aug. 2 – 12 | Aug. 16 – 26
- Times: 10:30am – 12:30pm
- Days: Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- Cost: Pay What You Can Afford. Our cost is $125 per student per camp. We will not turn away a student based on financial means and appreciate payment of any amount towards our program costs.
- Location: The Village Ballroom, 700 NE Dekum St. Portland, OR 97211
If you would like your child to attend one of our camps, please do the following;
- download the registration form below, review it, and fill it out;
- call or email us to reserve your spot
What Happens At My Voice Music Rock Camps?
Students lean to play the drum-set, guitar, keyboards and to sing while developing music concepts of time, tone, pitch and rhythm.
Participants work with experienced volunteers and staff in order to write their own song!
Youth learn about the recording process while they record their own music with help from teachers and volunteers.
Students are encouraged to use music and poetry to express themselves while jamming, singing and writing lyrics. They work together as a band to choose musical styles, instrumentation, lyrical content and while rehearsing and performing. We ask all youth to bring a positive attitude and a willingness to try new things.
My Voice Music provides all instruments for youth to use during our programs. If a student already has an instrument, they may bring it to class, though we ask that they show up early to tune and set-up. If youth do not have access to their own instruments to practice with at home, My Voice Music may be able to provide them with an instrument through our loan program, subject to availability.
A very special thanks goes to the Oregon Public House | Village Ballroom. They have allowed us to use their beautiful ballroom for our programs this summer at significantly discounted rate.